Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

This Is Where I Have Been

I notice that people keep reading my blog, even when I am not blogging. Nice...thank you.  I always think I am going to do a post, and then I don't.  So much of what I blog about, I have already blogged about.  I feel like I repeat myself a lot.  Maybe you are tired of pictures of birds and forest, I don't know.  I don't think I am starting to take any of it for granted, yet, although it's been three years and some months since we made the decision to stay in this miraculous land of water and forest and snow.

I don't want to make a grocery list of everything has happened since I blogged last.  It's tempting, but not very interesting, I think.

So let me just say this.

Every day and every day I find happiness here.  And peace. And time to breathe the air and fill my eyes with the wonder of creation.  I feel loved, every day by my thoughtful, kind, and generous husband, and my two best sons, who are so sensitive and indpependent, loving and creative, both finding their way more and more out in the big world.  And doggies....yes, my doggies love me a lot. A LOT, A LOT.

I am free here...to open myself to the touch of the world and to mirror back some of the beauty I see and feel.  I know it's a great gift.  Thank you, Bob, for allowing me the time to do this, and mostly...thank You, God.

SO....I have been busy for the last year.  Almost a year ago to the day, I discovered, in the midst of my twiddling around with copper wire, that I could do THIS:

just a little wire weaving around a small gemstone bead


And that piece started the frenzy. Thanks to the gift of a couple of little pieces of local Chrysocolla stone, I started to practice.  My first attempts almost (no, they DO) embarrass me with my lack of skill.


this one sold before it had a chance to left my work table....I was so proud of this then

a little bit better

 But I got better, and I started to realize that I could channel my love of nature and whimsy into something that people would like to see...and to wear....  I am amazed about that, every day.

Thank You!

With what's left of this post, I'd just like to commemorate where my mind and fingers have taken me this year with trying to develop my own unique style.   I thought maybe I could show my ten faves.  But, instead, here is around about....ummm....fifty or so.  Yes....I've made a lot.  This is just a small percentage.  I attribute it to the wealth of inspiration that surrounds me every day.  I am happy....can you tell?


I find meaning in the Tree of Life symbol, so I use it a lot!

My favorite stone is Labradorite
orthoceras fossil



more labs

I started experimenting with lots of cabochons...these were from an assortment I ordered

yeah it's a bug

I work a lot with resin cameos, painted or unpainted

this one makes my top five ever...sweet zombie girl

luna moth


my favorite style allows the copper to imitate nature


I can work neat if I want to

tree on the moon(stone)

no more captions...hope you enjoy!
































Ironic...this is Chrysocolla, too!


If you like my designs and would like to know more, let me know.  I know you know that you should not share or copy my pictures or designs.  Besides, I would be very happy to make you something of your own...just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment