Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Oh, How I Wish You Were Here

I wish you were here.


I do. Every day.

I want you to see where I live now, to understand what it is about this place that every day makes me exclaim out loud about its ever-changing beauty.

I want to show you my new home, my little house in the middle of the old Finnish farmlands of Paynesville, surrounded by ancient tree-covered mountains.  I want to cook a meal together in my funny green kitchen, sit on my new comfy (green) couch and talk about anything and everything until everyone else goes to bed.

I want you to drive to work with me and see what I see every day, the breath-taking valley, the Ontonagon River, or just north of Rockland, my first view of Lake Superior, whose shade indicates the weather for that day, gray and stormy, or clear, clear blue.

I want to take you bird-watching with me, so we can see the white crows by Bruce Crossing, or look for early Snow Buntings, or maybe a Snowy Owl.  I want you to help me find the blue pheasant that Bob saw, and drive the forest roads and show you all the different types of forests.

I want to count the eagles with you.



I want to show you the clear white of the Aspens in Aspen Meadow.

I want to show you the mother deer (birdseed eater), who watches me with huge calm (but guilty) brown eyes through my kitchen window as I make supper.


I want to show you our shop in Ontonagon, which has already inspired me so much to get in touch with my creative side, which has remained dormant for so long.

Mostly, I want to see your face, and know that you are fine and happy, and growing more and more into your own self, into the wonderful, loving person I know you are.

And I want to tell you that I think about you every day, and wonder if you are truly happy in your world, which is very different than mine.

I want to talk to you about things that you and I love and dream about and are inspired by.

And I want to give you my blessings to go wherever and be whatever makes you feel as happy and fulfilled as you can be.

And I hope that in the midst of your life sometime, you will find the time to want to see and know this place where I am now...so far away from you.


Oh, how I wish you were here.


Every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment