Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Creativity Explosion, and Looking Forward and (just for a moment) Back

It is a very sunny day today.

Sitting at my desk in Ontonagon just soaking up the rare sunshine coming through my southernly-exposed windows.

Did I mention HEAVENLY?

Did I mention yet that I am now officially an Upper-Michigander/Yooper-in-training?


Yes, Bob and I got our Michigan driver's and car licenses this week.

Yes, I love my license plate and yes, I am on the fence a little about putting my numbers and letters out there on the interwebs :)



AND our house in Iowa is no longer our house in Iowa, but rather someone else's house in Iowa.

Only one thing I have to say about the house.  I hope so much that the new owners find SOMETHING in it to like just as it is, without totally removing every thing that gave it character. Unfortunately, I've seen pictures to indicate that there wasn't much of anything they liked about the yard surrounding the house.  All those perennials, the pond, and TREES.....gone.....siggghhhh.

(just a little pause....)

Moving on am I.

The weather has been its regular schizophrenic self lately. It's snowed some days and melted some days.  Some days it's really foggy (but only in some places), and this morning there was beautiful frost covering the trees when we came to work.  This afternoon is sunny sunshine blinding me as I try to take a picture.


But that's okay, because the warmth is inspiring me to do some creative stuff.  A project I finished today that I am quite proud of is a piano book containing four solos I wrote in the past few weeks.



I am currently looking into the best way to bind them, then they will be for sale in my shop.  We are also getting closer to being able to sell things online.  In my shop, currently for sale, I have cards of some of my photos,



handmade paper (this is new and something I am having a lot of fun with!),



 homemade soap,


 and arm warmers (which are very comfy during schizophrenic weather).



Being creative is totally my favorite thing!

Anyway, if you are reading this (which I know for a fact you are), and see anything here that interests you, let me know, or stop in and see for yourself (although for some of you, I know that would include a really LONG drive).

I would also like to hold some classes here sometime in the near future.  Some people have mentioned soap-making, and I think paper-making would be really fun, too.  If you have any ideas of something you'd like to do, let me know (even if it involves a really LONG drive, you are welcome anytime!).

Anyway....I need to leave the shop while it is still sunny...the forecast says there is a possibility of EAGLES to be found on my way home!

Take some time to find (or make) some beautiful stuff!  And enjoy the season.

Much love to everyone!
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment