Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2015

What in the World Do I Have to Be Thankful About???

 Of course, you know the answer....

EVERYTHING.....

But, specifically:

Somebody told me once that my faith in God is "child-like."  What I think that person really meant was "child-ISH."  It was someone who didn't feel comfortable with me saying stuff like that I believe that God loves me BEST, and that God talks to me, or that I see God EVERYWHERE in my life, most definitely in the beauties of Creation that surround me.  I'm sorry if that offends anyone, or that people are offended because I don't seem to practice my faith the way someone else does.  But I am most thankful that I can drive down the road and see a flock of Snow Buntings fly up ahead of me,


and I can see the barest hint of how our spirits can, and will soar, so freely.  Sometimes I see something so beautiful,


or I can't imagine anything more colorful,


or unusual,

it's a heart

or comical,

he really did look like a Roomba doing this

or inspiring,


and I know that God is just giving me the merest tiny glimmer of what lies beyond. For the many gifts that God surrounds me with daily, I am thankful.

I am thankful for the men in my life.

For my husband, who is everything and more that a woman could want in a partner for life. He is more than I deserve. You can tell that just by looking, right?



I love spending every day with him so much!

I am so thankful for the beautiful, emotional, handsome, sensitive, talented child of my heart.



I don' t deserve him, either.  I wish I was a good enough person to make him know, every day, that I choose him as my son.

And what can I say, O boy of my loins  :)


You give me so much, even though you are 427 miles away most days.  I feel honored that you want to share your feelings, your inspirations, your happy moments with me.  I am truly, truly thankful for everything that you are!

I am also thankful for my supportive friends, both here and far away. I love sharing with you these little moments of my life, these glimpses through words and pictures.  Thanks for caring!

I could go on, but the rest is just "stuff."  What I am truly happy for is the grace I have been given to be able to see the beauty and joy and love in people and in the world around me.  I know I've been given a great gift, and I am so

THANKFUL!


No comments:

Post a Comment