Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

Creativity Explosion--Chapter 2

Sometimes I think I think too much.

I think enough to come up with all the best, and too often, the worst case scenarios in every single situation.  Ask my husband...he will tell you that I worry about a lot of dumb things.

At least I KNOW they are dumb things to worry about.

I wonder....if people who are creative worry a lot in general....just because they allow their minds to wander all over the place all the time so they can see the very best and the very worse that can happen in every given moment. Hmmm....that sounds a little obsessive....yes....I know.

Anyway.

I LIKE a lot of the things I think about.  Because my thoughts have been taking a very creative path lately.

All of which brings me to the realization that I AM VERY HAPPY with my (relatively) new life in the UP (many, many exclamation marks)!

I just realized...it will be nine months tomorrow (and many more exclamation marks)!

Ten things (at least) that I am happy about:

1. Spring has Sprung!  In spite of this, our drive to work this morning looked like this:
Unfortunately, it FELT worse than it looked...don't tell Bob I said so...he thinks I worry too much

2. This week I have counted close to twenty different types of birds in my yard,
American Tree Sparrow

typical bird herd

soon the pretty redpolls will go north for the summer

Pine Siskin is a new bird for me

not counting the biggest of all birdseed eaters.
stealth...

nonchalance...

or overt cuteness...whatever gets the most birdseed
Bob intimidates the lawn ornaments

Or the furriest.
still wearing his winter ear tufts

I call this the "guilty" pose

talk to the tail...and keep the birdseed coming

3 .There are migrating birds everywhere if you are looking for them (which I am). This makes every day seem like a treasure hunt!
Last year's eagle looking for new turf, and roadkill along the way
Northern Harrier Gray Ghost
snow buntings on their way to the tundra

4. I live in a cute little house feels more and more like MINE. I just made some new curtains for my living room to take place of the ones I recently accidentally destroyed  :(
yes...this is burlap...it turned out to be a very good idea for curtains


5. I am planning my spring garden...although we've still got FOREVER until the typical last frost date (June something!).
origami seed starting pot...just an idea...

6. Bob and I have had a lot of discussions on our way to and fro about stuff we want to accomplish at our camp this summer. We even took a beginning beekeeping class....so interesting....in case we want to do that at some point.
we learned that our fields of birdsfoot trefoil (the yellow stuff) can be great for delicious honey


7. Our shop in Ontonagon is experiencing a tiny but noticeable boom.  Bob is getting new clients daily. I make them buy things if they hang around too long (only sort of, sometimes).  But more people are getting interested in the stuff I have to sell.  I have a few photography fans,

and some fans of my soap.

I took in my first consignment items.

And I make new stuff all the time.  I currently have two new areas of stuff I'm working on.  One is jewelry, mostly copper wire-wrapping stuff.





I've also been making these little rice-filled pillows.  They are microwaveable or you can put them in your freezer.  They smell soothing and peaceful (at least I think so), and I like to embroider stuff on them.

:)

 I have new ideas all the time...some are big and some are very little.  But they all make me happy.

8. I've also been doing some composing...actually more like facilitating some composing  One of my students has a piano lesson and a composing lesson every week.  I don't really have a plan about what I am going to teach him from week to week, rather I let it grow organically out of things we like, either from his piano lessons, or anything else that interests him.  Lately, he's been writing a solo piece for trumpet with piano accompaniment.  He's TEN.  He understands how to transpose his part for his instrument, how to harmonize his melody, and last time we worked together, he learned how to write a contrasting section in a relative minor key.  He's pretty amazing, and what I love about it is that he is always so excited to learn new things.


9.The weather in the UP is so changeable.  Today, we had a super snowy, white-knuckle drive to work, and I am sure by the time we go back home today, the snow will be completely gone.  And the snow is beautiful, even when it's dangerous. The animals are still out and about, even in a blizzard.
speaking of Mr. Dangerous himself

10. AND IT REALLY IS SPRING! I only hope that soon I will have pictures to prove it!

Have a Happy Spring, my friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment