Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Creativity by Leaps and Bounds, or Leaves and Drupes?

I wish I was posting more often.

But it seems I am busy doing stuff.

It's good stuff, though.

My little shop in the village at the end of the world is starting to blossom just a little.
on my way to the end of the world this morning

Other local artists are getting interested and bringing things in to consign. CLICK HERE to see some artsy folk  Several more will add their mugshots in the next few days, too.

Lots of conversations are starting with people about how to make our little village at the end of the world a creative mecca...or at least a place where there are things to do, see and shop for!

And...the best part....every morning, this non-non-morning person can't wait to get up and go to work and create stuff!

I feel like I am finding a voice and a style and a direction for what I'm creating.

I guess the theme is nature...I know...that surprises you.  :)

Of course my pictures are all nature all the time:




hardly a man-made structure in sight
My compositions always seem to relate my emotions to a natural occurrence:



My latest piece is called "Fledge"  (think little birdies, or growing up boys).  You can look it up ===> HERE <===   Hmmmm.....I think I play it much better than Musescore does.  Stop by, if you want, and I'll play it for you!

And I enjoy making whimsical critters...
it's a hummingbee...yes...we have those in the UP  :)
happy snail couple

But lately, my stuff, even my jewelry, made from the most inorganic materials, rocks, metal, wants to look like leaves and flowers, butterflies and dragonflies,
smelly (in a good way) rice pillow




a lady bought this about ten minutes ago!

even the drupes (yes, it's a word) of the ubiquitous chokecherries I see every morning on my way to work.
almost too pretty to sell (I love unakite)


It makes me happy, and I hope it makes other people happy, too.

I guess I am just surrounded by so much life, that it overflows my every thought and breath.

Life in the UP.

It's good.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment