Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Day 33--Hurry Up and Wait

I am learning new things about myself every day.

I am learning that in my new life, I need to give up control of some things. I need to trust that good things will happen, and I don't always have to push so hard to make it so.

Moving took longer than we had originally thought.

We are currently waiting on several things, one of which is my grand piano, which was supposed to make the big move by August 1, and is currently still in Iowa. 

We need to make some changes in our business rental property before we can move in, but the people involved are moving more slowly than I would like. 

I would like it if my house in Iowa would sell immediately, but I know all that takes TIME.....aarrrggghhhh.

Okay....I've spoken my frustrations out loud; now I am going to LET THEM GO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I wanna talk about this UP Dreams thing again.  I long to be creative.  Every day that I can create something makes me a happy person.  Some things I like to create:

Musical compositions, especially for piano or classroom instruments. 

Pictures of nature, especially birds, flowers, and bugs  :)

Soap...I hope to make some tomorrow, in fact!

Crocheted warm thingies, cowls, mittens, scarves, throws.

I know that none of these things is particularly unique, but I also know that no one does them quite like I do.  

That is stage one in the UP Dreams idea.  Putting my own stuff out there for people. Not just to sell them and make money, but to encourage the creativity of others.  Creative people are happy people. They find these moments of "flow," total immersion in what they are doing, totally concentrating on what they love.  I used to experience that feeling often when listening to or performing beautiful music.  

Music is kind of a tricky subject to me nowadays.  There is something about it that has been sullied by my teaching experiences.  I think some healing has to happen before I will be able to let go and immerse myself in it again.  It's okay, though.  I know it's waiting for me, when I'm ready.  

Anyway, I stumbled upon what I think is my mission statement the last time I posted, and I want to say this a lot of times so it's clear in my head when I am talking to others about my vision:

My mission is to create something beautiful in an already beautiful setting; to be inspired by the UP to create something unique, something that will bring pleasure and fulfillment to myself and to others; and to assist and inspire others to develop and use their God-given talents, whatever they may be, to enhance the lives of others. 

I particularly like the "God-given" part of that statement.  When we were driving someplace yesterday, I was talking to Bob about the amazing variety and diversity I can see in the types of wildflowers that grow along the road.  To me, whenever I notice something like this, I am amazed that there are people who don't see a Creator's hand at work in the AWESOMENESS of the natural world.  What a gift we've been given.  An even bigger gift, something I need to remember to thank God for more often, is for the ability to SEE the beauty around me every single day.  

See, that's the heart of it for me.  If I can create something beautiful, like a musical composition, a lovely picture of a butterfly, a cleanly fragrant bar of soap, a comforting winter scarf, maybe I can help someone to see the beauty that surrounds them every single day.  And by Beauty, of course, I mean God.  

Thank you, God.

YOU helped me turn my frustrations around and create something positive tonight.

God is good.

Amen.






4 comments:

  1. I LOVE seeing wild flowers growing on the side of the road! Beautiful! You have a knack for capturing the beauty of God's creation in your pictures. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you in the UP! To Him be the glory on all good and beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete