Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Your Daily Dose of Hummingbirds

Something I LOVE LOVE LOVE about the UP.  Hummingbirds!   I don't know if this is true or not, but I imagine the reason we saw very few hummingbirds in Iowa might have something to do with all the pesticides they use on everything down there.  Up in the UP, we see tons of hummers!  I put a feeder out two days ago.  The first day I saw no action.  The second day, it seemed like one little girl hummer was at the feeder a lot.  Today there was a fight.  At least three were involved. Here are some highlights.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to record their fighting.  Maybe tomorrow! 
I think this is a young boy with just a little pattern on his throat.

 

Girl

Boy (I think)

Manly man waiting his turn patiently

Being sneaky to avoid an attack

A stand off


Check out the tongue!
So little
Biggest attitude ever
 

No comments:

Post a Comment