Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Letting Go--Flying Away

Why birds are like people:

Some are simply beautiful.

Some are simply not.

(Even a vulture can have pretty blue eyes, though)

Others are simply happy and don't care how they look.

Some are flirty.

 Some are grumpy.


Some are quick to show their true colors.

Others keep them hidden most of the time.

Some are wise.

Some are secretive. 

Some are social.

Others want to be alone.

Some live in mansions.

Others prefer a cozy (colorful) cottage.
(Oriole nest with Easter basket grass!)

Some sing beautifully.

Others think they sing beautifully.

Some like to pick a fight.

Others get along with nearly everyone.

Some have their signature hairstyle DOWN!

Others are still developing theirs.

Some end up living alone.

While others find their perfect mate.

The truth is, birds don't think they are any of these things.  Humans tend to anthropomorphize their world and everything in it, including God. It's the reason they dress up their doggies in little clothes, but it's also the reason people think they can understand every single thing about God, because after all, He is the image and likeness of Us, right?  (No, no, no! Shake your head no with me, please)

It's fun to do that with birds, and it's one of the reasons I take pictures of them.  Because I see funny looks in their eyes, that remind me so much of PEOPLE I know.


I also love birds, though, because they are so diverse. 
They can be seed eaters,
Meat Eaters,
Jelly eater,

Swimmers,

and (gorgeous, effortless) Flyers.
I scared all these birds...oops  :(

So, what's the lesson here?  I don't know. Nothing earth-shattering, today anyway :) God is greater than Us.  Diversity is wonderful, and everyone has their own talents.  Birds are interesting and photogenic and make me happy.  I hope some of my pictures make you feel happier, too. 


P.S. If you'd like to look at more of my happy bird pics, some of them are here:  Flickr bird pics 

P.P.S.  I know you know this, but these truly are MY pictures, so if you would like to use them for something, you need to ask.  I know you know...just saying. 












No comments:

Post a Comment