Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

It's Movie Day Friday!

Are you into Netflix?

I am (addicted).

Give me a little time, and I will find a series to binge watch, or else I will get stuck on a genre of movies for a while, like lately it's been foreign supernatural thrillers (subtitles are just fine).

I love to make little movies, too.  And I have absolutely no skill at it as of yet.

It's not that I'm trying to win an award or anything (although, recently, I sorta did), because that's not why I do it.

It always happens when I'm taking pictures of something and I realize that there is something that the still camera just cannot experience. Like a sound, or a strange action, or even something that's continuous, and I don't want to take a bunch of stills to remember what happened.

See, my movies are mostly just for me.

But, since it's Friday, and sometimes starting Friday afternoon, and maybe into Saturday and Sunday, too, it might be a good time to watch a movie (with popcorn, please), I am sharing some of my favorite movies with you.

They are short....like two minutes or sometimes much less, so you can watch a little or a lot.  It's up to you.

Because maybe you've had these burning moments of curiosity (I have several every day!) and you have always wondered something like:

How does a vacuum cleaner work?  (Click on the green word!) Roomba?
Answer:  Just like that, but they don't like raisins.

Why should you never put something in your mouth that's bigger than your elbow?  Don't be Greedy!
Answer:  Because it might make you confused. (And yes, that IS bacon frying in the background!)

What kind of bird is that that I keep hearing that totally drives me crazy? Tink Tink Bird
Answer:  It's just a Song Sparrow, so no biggie, but do you know the other two birds that you hear? Please TELL ME!!!

Are Goldfinches like the canaries of the wild? Goldie
Answer:  Yes indeedy, and we could enjoy it much more if that Chipping Sparrow wasn't interrupting, and the cameraman (woman) could hold the camera still!  (It was REALLY far away!)

How much wood could a woodpecker peck if a woodpecker could peck wood?That's Amazing (to me, anyway)!
Answer: You'd need power tools to beat him!


How does a porcupine in a tree get back down?Very Carefully!
Answer:  Very carefully :)

Okay, if you are more into slasher films than nature documentaries, the next two will appeal to you.
You've been properly warned (don't watch, maybe!).

What Do Eagles Eat I Ewwwww
Answer:  Anything they want, starting from the wrong end!

and What Do Eagles Eat II Ewww 2
Answer:  I'm not sure, but it's either Goosey Gander, or Jemina Puddle Duck. (I DID warn you)

What do Snow Buntings like to do on a sunny day in October? Preen!
Answer:  I'm not sure it's anything we'd want to do in public.

Are eagles and crows the best of friends?Playtime
Answer: Nope.

How beautiful is this Lake Superior you are always talking about? Waves
Answer: Beyond beyond, even when your hands are freezing.

What's the biggest bird you've ever had at your feeders? yes, more bacon...we like bacon!
Answer: Since the eagle hasn't shown up yet, it's this one.

Volume II   Bambi's mother is alive and well
Answer: You know the answer, and for the bonus round, what's the movie playing in the background?

How do little birdies survive the UP winter?

Volume I  Dig, baby, Dig!

and II  Yes, I know the penguin lost his hat! we're not cold!
Answer:  UP winters are the best!

I know what you are saying:  "Your movies are lousy! You said you won an award? What for?"

The truth is, I don't know.  But one of my videos was chosen by Flickr as one of the 500 best photos of the day. I know.  I was excited.

To set it up.  I had been having 50+ Common Redpolls and American Goldfinches in my backyard most days in the snow, and I wanted to show their quick little behavior, and cute little birdyness to the world.  So here is my narrated version of that: ready for the Nat Geo Channel
Answer:  I don't get it, either, but it got almost 3500 views.  Someone (OTHER THAN BOB) must've thought it was funny.

Enjoy a movie this weekend (don't forget the popcorn!)! (with butter!!!)!(!)





No comments:

Post a Comment