Pages

Friday, July 3, 2015

Day Three--Paddling Away

One of the things I love about my husband (there are thousands of things, by the way) is that he listens to my ideas.  Really listens.  And then the wondrous thing that happens a lot is that he LIKES my ideas.

Today's plan, starting after breakfast (which is another thing I love about my husband--he likes to make breakfast in camp, which we eat in a leisurely fashion while discussing our upcoming day) was to try to locate a house to rent somewhere not too far away from our camp.  It's going to take some time to reach our ultimate goal of living in a cabin in our woods, so for now, we want to live close by and work towards our goals.

We ended up driving to Ontonagon (which I only realized a few weeks ago is not pronounced on-TAWN-uh-gone, but rather like you were going to tap someone on-tuh-Noggin.  Most people up here additionally swallow the "t" in the word, too, like Americans usually say it in the word Mitten), to see if a realtor we had heard good things about could help us find a rental property.

I have been finding that it's not in the best interest for a realtor to know ANYTHING about rentals, since they stand to make nothing out of a deal like that.  So today, I decided to sit in the car, and wait for the realtor to not have any good ideas for Bob.

When Bob was gone too long, I went to check and found that by the time I got there, the nice realtor lady, Bonnie, had convinced Bob that he needs to try out to be the local attorney for the town.  (There are no try-outs, actually.  You hang your shingle, and people come.  Or not).  She was trying to convince  Bob that a house with room for an office would be just the thing we needed.  And we did look at a house.  A very strange 70's retro remuddled house.  no no no.

This is when I had the big IDEA.  If Bob wants to be an attorney in on the noggin, mi, I will be the town piano teacher/general crafty/artsy tartsy lady, after we find business space to rent together.  Sooo...we looked and we looked for places for rent and I think, I hope, we found something.

More on this later when it is 100 percent for sure for sure.

I think the idea was a rowboat.  I hope we are on the right track, um, river?

Too much thunder to hear the pines whispering tonight.
Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment