Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Day Two--We Bought a Zoo--Whaddawe Do?

Okay, okay, I promise, cross my heart, pinky swear I am NOT going to rhyme the titles of my posts like this...unless I think of a really good one.  I HATE cheap rhymes like this.

If you haven't seen the movie "We Bought a Zoo," you don't know what I'm talking about.  Because, no, WE didn't buy a zoo.  It's just that (and I recommend this movie as one that families should watch) in the movie, a dad makes a giant (animal-filled) leap of faith, moving his family and changing careers.  That's what we are doing--making the move from Iowa to Michigan's UP.  Today, we laid it out to our 15 year old son, who sorta had a clue what was going on, but not the big picture.  He's scared, but I did my homework, and I think that school here might be a change for the good for him.  We will see.

So, my lovely, in the manliest sense, husband and I have been talking non-stop about how we are going to make all this work out.  And, frankly, a lot of it is in God's hands right now.  But we are doing our part to look out for rowboats (do you know the old joke?), so as to be trying to ascertain if God thinks we are doing the right thing.

We tried to do a little networking today with the locals to see if we can find a house to rent so we can start moving.  We have already met some nice folks; characters all, eh? I can tell they are curious, and I am actually looking forward to telling my story as time goes on.  We got some rather weak leads on possible houses, so that's kinda scary, but maybe tomorrow, we will know more.

I've spent a lot of years feeling in control of my world, in many ways, especially in my job as a teacher.  I'm a little worried to not know EVERYTHING that is going to happen, but happen it will. It's always impossible, I have found, to see too far down the road.  I guess I just have to trust...

And listen to the whisper of the pines.  Goodnight.
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment